Samba backends

Toomas Soome tsoome at ut.ee
Wed Jul 18 08:45:03 GMT 2001

Rafal Szczesniak wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Matthew Geddes wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just a quick query regarding the status of some of the Samba backends
> > (well, mainly the LDAP backend). Is the LDAP backend currently being
> > actively developed or is it lower down the list of priorities?
>
> Unfortunatelly, I do know nothing about developing LDAP backend and
> especially about actively developed backend. However, if I can put
> my 2 cents, I hope it it developed rather than stopped. If I can help,
> let me know please in spite of I'm currently doing something other
> with Samba documentation.

we are planning to move to ldap within next 6 months -- depending on
time resources. so yes, there definitely will be at least one working
ldap backend:) We are currently useing NIS+ backend (2.2.1a + patches
from myself), most of smbpasswd entries are usable (like home_dir,
workstations, kick_t ... ). some of smbpasswd fileds are not used at
all, some are filled with data, but ... you know, samba pdc/bdc is not
finished jet.

toomas
--
You can fool all the people all of the time if the advertising is right
and the budget is big enough.