Sequence of Code Events for Ownership Dialog

John Trostel jtrostel at connex.com
Mon Jul 16 17:12:41 GMT 2001

I am trying to implement a true "Take Ownership" function using the current
Samba 2.2.1a CVS, the latest SGI/XFS CVS and some custom patches which
implement several additional ACL premissions ("Change Ownership" being one of
the additional permissions.)

The problem is that I am at a loss discovering exactly where this dialog is
currently _not_ handled in the Samba code base.  I understand that, for most
implementations, the default Samba behavior of not allowing this dialog and
overloading the Take Ownership bit may be appropriate.  I _would_ like to try
modifying the code here to see if I can get an already functional XFS ACL
element integrated in with existing Samba CVS code.

What I really need is some direction on where things start out when the user
clicks the Security/Ownership/Take Ownership button.  What specific functions
do I need to hook into so as to handle this request rather than just returning
the old familiar errors.

Thanks....
JT

--