vfs-wrap.c compile issues

Jim Duey jduey at ccc-dcs.com
Fri Jul 13 14:31:20 GMT 2001

It might be a macro problem.  I'm cross-compiling and targeting a PPC
405GP running linux and using glibc for libraries.  Since the target is
different than the build machine, configure can't determine the
functionality of certain library routines, like whether or not
ftruncate() will extend a file if the file is shorter than the length
passed to ftruncate().  This is signalled by leaving
HAVE_FTRUNCATE_EXTEND undefined in config.h.  This causes a block of
code in vfs_wrap.c to be compiled that normally isn't.  There are also a
couple of other places where the fact that I'm cross-compiling causes
some problems.  I've worked around them and gotten smbclient running on
my embedded board.  I guess the Samba team needs to decide if these
issues are important enough to clean up.

Thanks,
Jim