Please Help !!

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at aw.com.pl
Wed Jul 11 22:59:10 GMT 2001

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 06:54:53PM +0530, Sharath_BABU at delmia.com wrote:
> Hello Sir ,
>
> I just installed samba2.0.5  on my SUN Sparc server .

upgrade to Samba 2.0.9 or Samba 2.2.1

> I mapped my home folder on my NT work station .
> I am unable to view my UNIX symbolic link files from my NT .
>
> Is that a BUG or a disadvantage in Samba .

check whether you can see a symlink to a file in the same
directory. There are parameters in smb.conf regarding to
the symbolic link issues (especially pointing to other
parts of dir tree of your underlying system).

> Can i set some option to enbale this symbolic link viewing .

as I say, refer to the smb.conf man page. I know, it hurts...

cheers,
mimir

PS. In future, "samba" list may be also a good place to
solve such problems. Use it at the very begin.