All known 2.2.1 showstoppers fixed..

John E. Malmberg malmberg at Encompasserve.org
Mon Jul 9 18:08:42 GMT 2001

The bug is not present in the 3-Jul CVS snapshot.  It
has already been fixed.  I missed it the first pass when
checking for changes from 2.2.0.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> "John E. Malmberg" wrote:
> >
> > The code was fixed sometime before the 27-Jun CVS snapshot.
> >
> > The fixed code is still present in the 3-Jul CVS snapshot.
>
> I don't understand what you're trying to say here ? Are
> you saying this is fixed or not. If not please point me
> to the file and line numbers that are broken asap as I'm
> about to release 2.2.1.
>
> Jeremy.

I have grabbed a copy of samba-2.2-CVS-070901.1.tgz from
http://home.incanta.net/~miker and will do a build tonight.

As of the 3-Jul CVS snapshot there are a small handful of
modules that Compaq C will not compile because of type
mismatch errors that are easilly fixed.

mostly of type (char) != (unsigned char)

I should be able to post the difference files for them
tomorrow morning (USA Eastern TZ).

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only