smbpasswd

Kristyan Osborne kris.ozzy at lineone.net
Thu Jul 5 18:22:28 GMT 2001

Hi,

In my company we are currently converting 95 machines to 2000. We are using
encrypted passwords and I wish to add my current users to the smbpasswd file
without changing their passwords.

All users have a local Unix account with password. Is there any way or is
there a utility to add the user and the password from the password in the
/etc/passwd file to the /private/smbpasswd file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please reply directly to me and not to the list.

Thanx

Kris

------
Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working properly if you open
windows.
Win95:    A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
          8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
          2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.