All known 2.2.1 showstoppers fixed..

John E. Malmberg malmberg at Encompasserve.org
Tue Jul 3 20:47:01 GMT 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> "John E. Malmberg" wrote:
>
> > The nmbd bug I reported back when 2.2.0 was only a pre-alpha release
> > does not appear to be fixed as of the June 27th 2001 CVS snapshot.
> >
> > In module interface.c, routine interfaces_changed()
> >
> > The routine get_interfaces() may return a negative value, and this
> > is not checked before using the value returned in a following memcmp()
> > routine.
> >
> > This causes an access violation.
> >
> > The code should be changed to:
> >
> >       if ((n > 0) && (n != total_probed ||
> >           memcmp(ifaces, probed_ifaces, sizeof(ifaces[0])*n))) {
> >                 return True;
> >       }
>
> This code no longer exists in my 2.2 or HEAD sources so I
> believe this is fixed.
>
> Confirmation would help.....

I will check, but my next scheduled E-mail window after looking at the
sources will be next monday.

I only know for sure that the bug is present in the 2.0.9 stream.

I just tried CVSWEB, and it did not work with my NETSCAPE 3.0.3 browser,
so I will have to check when I get home.

I just grabbed samba-2.2-CVS-070301.1.TGZ from
http://home.incanta.net/~miker/ and will try to build it.

- John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only