smbpasswd in an LDAP directory

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Mon Jul 2 14:45:13 GMT 2001

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, David Krovich wrote:

> 	What should it do after the test?  What should take precedence,
> the LDAP server or the smbpasswd file? Give me some specs on how you
> want it to work and I'll modify the code.

Right now, Samba will not access the smbPasswordEntry data directly.
So it is a requirement that the data be exported into an smbpasswd
file.  I've got some time to work on the passdb stuff soon.
Part of this will be to finish the work necessary for winbind
and for alternative account backends.

cheers, jerry
 http://www.valinux.com/     VA Linux Systems      gcarter at valinux.com
 http://www.samba.org/          SAMBA Team             jerry at samba.org