XP Client Trying to use Kerberos instead of SMB to Samba Serv er

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Tue Jul 31 14:46:59 GMT 2001

Interesting - check the security policy on the machine. Windows *should* be
able to detect that you're talking to a non-Kerberised SMB server and
downgrade. Have you tried it against an NT4 server, for example? The same
thing *should* happen.

Very interesting - I'd be curious to know what security policy settings
you're using (I hope not the defaults).

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers, Network Support     |