GNU Hurd

Brent Fulgham brent.fulgham at xpsystems.com
Fri Jul 27 22:14:43 GMT 2001

> You're right. I should check before asking. I've read another
> interesting article about GNU Hurd, yesterday, and one of the
> first of my thoughts was: will Samba work on this ?
>

> > GNU Hurd and Linux both use glibc -- from Samba's point of view, the
> > differences between the two should be minimal.

The only unknown is with respect to handling of signals and RPC's
under the Hurd, which are not fully implemented as far as I know.
It would sure help us Hurd hackers if someone did try to compile
Samba to see what breaks.  Perhaps you'll be lucky and everything will
work just fine -- it often does.

-Brent