Some more updates to libsmbclient

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sat Jan 13 22:04:51 GMT 2001

At 03:16 PM 1/12/01 +0100, Jelmer Feenstra wrote:
>On Friday 12 January 2001 04:21, you wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just applied some more patches to libsmbclient.
>
><cut>
>
>I tried the updated code hoping the NT5 problems might have been fixed.
>However, the (modified) testsmbc code segfaults when trying to list a share
>on an NT5 system. Listing shares and directories both won't work with the
>library when the system connected to is NT5 (WIN2K).

OK, I have found the real problem, as well as others ... :-)

I did not have the codepage stuff initialized, so in trying to convert a
UNICODE string to a UNIX string, I was indexing through a NULL pointer ...

Unfortunately, I have also found that Win2K times out TCP connections, so I
have to think about reconnect ...

>Need password for //win2ksystem/test
>Enter workgroup: [WORKGROUP]
>Enter username: [spark] guest
>Enter password: []
>Finfo->name=., mask=\*
>Finfo->name=.., mask=\*
>(no debugging symbols found)...
>Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>0x4004852b in unistr_to_dos ()
>   from /home/spark/cvs/samba/source/bin/libsmbclient.so
>(gdb) quit
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jelmer Feenstra

Regards