Forms, print queues and tdb

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Fri Jan 12 02:28:26 GMT 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Damian Ivereigh wrote:

> Oooh, good call. I knew this, but for some reason I forgot. Yes we
> have win95. So it's the win95 not the winNT pummeling my machines!

As Tim underlined already, I don't think your NT machines are generating
the high load you have on your server. I've never seen NT polling for a
print queue even when you add/delete a print job to the queue. NT expects
the server will send a notification message when something happen on a
print queue.

> I kinda didn't think it was win95 because I am used to the fact that
> killing the smbd's (i.e. closing the connections) has the win95 mac
> mark the printers as "offline" and then no longer polling. So I
> assumed this was winNT.
>
> I'll check this out...
>
> However we still have the problem.

win95, the evil OS :-)