I think MS just did us (and themselves) a disservice.

Martin Kuhne mkuhne at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 10 09:33:17 GMT 2001

Ahem...

Err Msg: The Credentials Supplied Conflict with an
Existing...[ntrelease]
ID: Q106211    CREATED: 02-NOV-1993   MODIFIED: 25-OCT-2000

It has been this way for a looong time. What the article says is still
basically true. Redirector will not allow for one user to have multiple
credentials on the same connection to a server. I can't quite follow how
you could observe that things have changed to the worse in w2k.

If you are running in a different user's context (in a service, via the
runas command, or logged on via terminal services) this does not apply.

Regards,
Martin Kuhne
Escalation Engineer, Critical Problem Resolution (CPR)
Microsoft GmbH