I think MS just did us (and themselves) a disservice.

Welsh, Armand armand.welsh at sscims.com
Tue Jan 9 22:02:32 GMT 2001

I think the more serious question is:

When did microsoft decide that security should be implemented at the client
level?????  That's not security... It just stops windows from being any more
functional than it could be.  Security should be implemented only at the
level of what is being protected.  If they are protecting a client, then
secure the client, if they are protected the server, than secure the server.
What twisted logic dictates to protect the server, secure the client?????

Microsoft is just plain weird...