Turkish support for Samba -- how to contribute?

Tim Potter tpot at linuxcare.com.au
Sun Jan 7 23:13:51 GMT 2001

Deniz Akkus Kanca writes:

> My apologies in advance if this is not the correct forum for this: I have
> added the codepages for Turkish support to samba. I'd like to submit it to
> the Samba group for inclusion in samba.
>
> Where do I send the stuff into?

Samba technical is definitely a good place.

> CPISO8559-9.TXT for compiling unicode_map.ISO-8859-9
> CP857.TXT for compiling unicode_map.857
> codepage_def.857 for compiling codepage.857
> patch file for charcnv.c to support client code page 857 and character set
> ISO8559-9. (based on 2.0.7 samba)

I've committed your changes to the HEAD branch.  Hopefully it
will be merged into 2.2 when Jeremy gets back from holidays.
Thanks for your contribution!

If you're interested in doing some further Turkish language
support, I have some patches by the Japanese Samba Users' Group
to gettext()ify the error messages in smbd, nmbd and swat.

Regards,

Tim.