libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?

Welsh, Armand armand.welsh at sscims.com
Fri Jan 5 20:21:08 GMT 2001

-> -----Original Message-----
-> From: Simo Sorce [mailto:simo.sorce at polimi.it]
-> Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 12:44 AM
-> To: Welsh, Armand
-> Cc: 'Steve Langasek'; Samba Technical
-> Subject: RE: libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?
->
-> What about making a new section (call it [clients]) in the
-> samba smb.conf
-> file?

hmmm... won't samba confuse this section to be a share, unless the samba
code is updated?

-> I also think that a $HOME/.smb.conf may be usefull, but I
-> also think that
-> the ability to take parameters from there should be
-> controlled by a switch
-> in main smb.conf file
->

Yes, definately.  We don't want controlled environments to have the ability
to override the controls in place, and specify new ones.  Next thing you'll
know, there will be new workgroups popping up all over the place.