libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Fri Jan 5 08:44:11 GMT 2001

What about making a new section (call it [clients]) in the samba smb.conf
file?

Here you may put the parameters you need and still use the defaults in the
global section.
If you want to change a default simply put it in this section and it may
also be used by smbclient.

Anyway I don't care too much about defaults, as I think callback function
must be set to lett apps to change any parameter, allowing them to use
their defaults anyway.

I also think that a $HOME/.smb.conf may be usefull, but I also think that
the ability to take parameters from there should be controlled by a switch
in main smb.conf file

eg:

[clients]

workgroup = office1
auth domain = central
allow user conf = no

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451