libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?

Welsh, Armand armand.welsh at sscims.com
Fri Jan 5 01:02:43 GMT 2001

Not really nothing... so, questions pending are:

Q:when using smb.conf for to configure client values, how should the
workgroup variable be interpreted.

A:the workgroup field is the workgroup.  Samba uses the workgroup as the
authen domain only when security=domain, when security=user|server|share the
workgroup is just a workgroup, because samba does nt have to worry about
Domain Controllers.

Q:what should the new field in smb.conf be, if we want to add a new one?

A:In refence to the above answer, the new field should be something like
domain =, or auth domain =, then by using this, new samba code in the future
may also choose to utilize this for provide the ability to be a member of
domain A, but host shares to the work-groupB.  Not trusts, but similar in
functionality, at the server.