libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Thu Jan 4 20:38:50 GMT 2001

:
> What is the definition of the client?  Is it a windows machine, a smbclient
> (which I originally assumed was the case), or libsmbclient?  It makes a
> difference, because it determines what code should be addressed.

All of those are clients, but we can't fix Windows boxes.  If we could...
nevermind.  Anyway, the addition of an 'auth domain' parameter to Samba
would not change the behavior of Samba itself since Samba acts as a
server.  It would provide information to smbclient and to libsmbclient.

...at least, I don't know how Samba itself would use 'auth domain', but I
suppose it could if someone found a use for it.

Chris -)-----