libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?

Michael B. Allen mballen at erols.com
Thu Jan 4 19:03:45 GMT 2001

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 09:13:52AM -0800, Welsh, Armand wrote:
> > Yes but what if your domain is different from your workgroup
> > as is the case for me.
>
> domainname\username ?

That doesn't work. The username passed by smbclient at least is just
BAR\MIALLEN and the PrimaryDomain field is still the FOONET. Besides
this is still an extra flag because I would have to specify -U to pass
the modified username.

Let me try to be a little more specific. I'm suggesting that the smb.conf
contain a 'client auth domain' parameter that smbclient can use to put
into the PrimaryDomain field of the SMB_COM_SESSION_SETUP_ANDX in the
case where it's different from the workgroup parameter which is only
needed by your average Samba server to participate in common netbios
services and browsing. This 'client auth domain' parameter will simply
allow smbclient, and potentially smbclient.so, to specify this value.

Mike

--
signature pending