NetBIOS Names (Was: Re: Directory listing in libsmbclient.so)

Welsh, Armand armand.welsh at sscims.com
Tue Jan 2 17:50:55 GMT 2001

Correct, and the DOS redirector, that Microsoft uses limits server names to
11 characters.  Just try addind a long name to NT, it will warn you about
the name length for compatibility with DOS.  Though I have never actually
tried using a DOS client with a long name, NT's GUI does complain that it
could happen.