Parallel Makes don't work :(

Vance Lankhaar vance at pcsscreston.ca
Sun Dec 30 20:18:02 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I just thought I'd drop a line to the list, saying that parallel makes are
broken right now. It's fairly obvious that this comes because the stuff in
nsswitch/ starts compiling before include/proto.h is done building. I've
noticed that if I cancel make after proto has finished building, and then
restart make with multiple jobs, make builds in parallel and finishes
building quite nicely, but only if proto has already been made.

Any Makefile experts want to comment on this?

--
Vance Lankhaar
Email: vance at pcsscreston.ca
Alternate Email: vlankhaar at hotmail.com