Adobe Photoshop uses wrong permissions when saving, default A CLs and create mask being ignored.

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu Dec 13 10:21:04 GMT 2001

I set up a seperate test server with a similar configuration and was able to
reproduce the problem on it.  A level 10 debug log is attached.  This is
using Samba 2.2.2; I haven't tried it with the CVS version, but I could if
you think it may make a difference.

For reference, here's the ACL the Photoshop file ended up with:

# file: border1 copy.jpg
# owner: INTERCLEAN+Brent
# group: INTERCLEAN+Domain Users
user::rwx
group::---
mask::rwx
other::rwx

And here's the correct ACL, as seen on a text document created from Explorer
(on the same client):

# file: New Text Document.txt
# owner: INTERCLEAN+Brent
# group: INTERCLEAN+Domain Users
user::rwx
group::---
group:INTERCLEAN+Domain Users:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

(Yes, I know this is an ACL that could be duplicated with standard UNIX
permissions.  ACLs on our production server are more complex, though.)

Client is Windows NT 4.0 SP6a running Adobe Photoshop 5.0.  Server is RedHat
7.1, kernel 2.4.16acl, Samba 2.2.2.