How to authenticate with known LanMan/NT hash?

Juan Lang jlang at cranite.com
Wed Dec 12 17:35:03 GMT 2001

Gents, I'm hoping to modify a Radius server to allow authentication
against an NT domain using the libsmb code.  I can do this using a
plaintext password easily enough, but I'd prefer to have the client
generate the LanMan or NT hash directly.

Looking at cliconnect.c, I'm guessing the correct way is to call
cli_session_setup with (pass, passlen) being the LanMan hash, and
(ntpass, ntpasslen) being the NT hash, yes?  And secblob.data is the
server challenge?  If so, how is the server challenge set?

Very much appreciate your time,
--Juan