smbsh broken(?) on Linux

Jay Ts jay at toltec.metran.cx
Sun Dec 9 06:29:04 GMT 2001

Hi,

I just tried running smbsh here, on two different Linux systems.
Both are Red Hat 7.1 (kernel 2.4.2) and running Samba 2.2.2.
It goes like this:

$ smbsh
Username: jay
Password:
ERROR: can't get smbw shared lock (Invalid argument)

This looks like a bug in the source/smbwrapper/shared.c file...
or is it me?  There is extremely little said about smbsh and
smbwrapper in the Samba docs, and the README file in the smbwrapper
directory looks about 2 years out of date, so it's hard to tell if
I have configured something wrong.  Or if it is even supposed
to work on Linux with the 2.4 kernel.

Jay Ts