Update on SAMBA and VERITAS VxFS Quotas bug

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Thu Aug 30 12:15:10 GMT 2001

Daniel Phaneuf wrote:
>							 This bug was
> reported a long time ago and is still outstanding. They are currently
> running Samba 2.0.7 and VxFS 3.4 on Solaris 8. Do you known if any
> progress has been made from the samba team end?

>  The scenario is simple :
>  a) write files of any size to reach/exceed the hard data quota
>  b) error popup does appears for each file that cannot be completely
<     written successfully
>  c) HOWEVER the file DOES appears in the directory, with a seemingly
>     appropriate size,

	But it's actually full of nulls.  This bug hits
	all filesystems which allow "holey" files, and the
	fix involved better checks and setting the delete-on-close
	flag.  The patch is at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba-technical&m=99291490717114&w=2
	but it used st_blocks and st_blksize, and some
	part of it was deferred for later....

	I see CVS checkins for NFS quota bugs, was this
	one fixed as well?

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com