wins failover not working + patch

gdoucet at csc.com gdoucet at csc.com
Fri Aug 17 18:12:14 GMT 2001

I discover that the wins failover did not work. I check the code, and in
the function resolve_wins, it only try one wins server from the list.

Here is a prelimary patch of source/libsmb/namequery.c that try every wins
until it found one that is good.

I also found that wins_srv_ip, don't work so great. It mark down a wins
only in the same process, every process will need to mark down the defect
wins. It would be great to store the wins server list in a tdb maybe??

If someone could check it and include it in the cvs tree, it would be
great.

(See attached file: namequery.c_resolve_wins.patch)

Keep the good work!

- -
Geoffroy Doucet
Unix Support
GPES - Capacity Management & Workgroup Support
CSC
Montreal BAN
Phone: 514-818-2817
ESN:       88-82817