Need assistance interpreting a Samba log

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Aug 15 02:23:59 GMT 2001

I have discovered a problem in my port of Samba 2.0.7 to the Stratus VOS
operating system whereby I am getting a corrupted file when Word 2000
(running on Windows 2000 SP1) tries to read the file using Samba. Worse, it
takes forever for the operation to complete (yeah, slow corruption is worse
than fast corruption...).  I have no doubt that I've messed-up something in
the port, or there is a bug in the underlying operating system routines, but
I can't see it in the log.  If one of you has a log-analysis tool that you
could run over the log and give me a clue, I'd be most grateful. I have
level-10 debug logs, the test file, and a short description of the
problem(s) on my ftp site at:

ftp://ftp.stratus.com/pub/vos/customers/samba/

Or if you can point me to where any public log analysis tools are located,
I'll port them over.

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.