removing false oplocks

hugo hugo at fractalgraphics.com.au
Fri Aug 3 02:46:38 GMT 2001

Hi

I am using samba 2.2 and I had to stop samba (with a script that uses
kill -15) and restart it. However, I found that several false oplocks
were left behind (during the restart not all people logged out of their
applications on windows machines that were using files on the unix nfs
filesystem).

I could find no way to remove these false oplocks at all under samba
2.2.  The samba locks directory contains database files (extension .tdb)
and I could not find a way of getting the false oplocks out of them.

The only way I could get rid of the false oplocks was for everybody to
logout, the restart samba once more.

Surely there must be a better way than that to remove stale (false)
oplocks in samba 2.2?

Does anyone know how to do this?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks