unicode and 2.2

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue Apr 10 16:21:18 GMT 2001

Stan Sander wrote:

> I'm sure this has been covered already, but my memory is fuzzy.  What is the
> status of unicode usage and thus also long share names ( i.e. >12 characters)
> in samba 2.2?

Long share names not working is a client bug - NT doesn't
do this correctly if the server doesn't support Unicode.

Unicode conversion is currently going on in the HEAD
branch (HEAD currently does unicode on the wire by default).

Note the internal conversion still needs doing, it's single
code page unicode at the moment....

Jeremy.