Winbind nss module woes

Tim Potter tpot at linuxcare.com.au
Fri Apr 6 01:22:26 GMT 2001

ZINKEVICIUS,MATT (HP-Loveland,ex1) writes:

> Hey gang,
> Anybody around here using winbind? With samba 2.2.0-alpha3, if
> security=domain and it attempts to lookup a valid domain user then samba
> freezes and eventually the NT client timeouts. I am using the winbindd tool
> and libnss_winbind.so.2 from samba-appliance 0.5. From our preliminary
> debugging, the freeze happens in reply.c within the setup session funcition.
> It call sys_getpwnam(user) and blocks forever if winbindd is running (fails
> correctly if it isn't). Any ideas?

A change was made recently to smbd that hasn't been made to
winbindd (it was a string length which affects the protocol
between libnss_winbind and the winbind daemon).

I think it should be a matter of changing a constant in winbind
and recompiling but there are some merging issues to worry
about...

Tim.