Packet collision on Samba traffic

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Thu Apr 5 06:30:15 GMT 2001

Hang on...

The first thing to figure out is why you are getting so many collisions.
How many other devices are on this hub?  Why is there are problem between
Samba and W/98 and not between Samba and W/NT?

If there is a communications problem between the W/98 box and Samba then
a switch won't help because, on a two-port level, the connection between
the two devices is roughly equivalent to a crossover cable.

I don't really understand the description of the symptoms.

Chris -)-----