NTLMSSP [was - RE: About Kerberos Programming]

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com
Wed Apr 4 18:56:15 GMT 2001

Hmmm, well, if you were all on good terms with Luke you could ask him.
Heimdal's web page includes instructions for obtaining a ticket with a
PAC from AD and looking at it and Luke looked at one and told me what he
recognized -- you wouldn't be surprised, it's just a user profile as if
lifted from LSA trace or something like that.

Several public MS docs describe some aspects of this stuff, like the
presence of two signatures of the profile and so on. I have posted URLs
to some of these docs at the open-it.org web site.

I'm sure you can all figure out the PAC stuff no problem.

The question is: how much effort must you do in order to prove that you
never got knowledge of any of those details by reading tha MS spec, the
one they distributed with a click license claiming protection under the
DMCA?

My advice? Get a lawyer.

Nico