2.2 split has taken place.

anders at cwd.no anders at cwd.no
Thu Sep 21 15:34:16 GMT 2000

Another issue is the acl on systems like afs.

What if samba had an acl-handeling mechanism which used WinNT acls,
but they where created / read using functions for each type acl. i.e. we
could have
posix_acl_* for general support, afs_acl_* for the afs, etc. I think this
could make life
easier for people porting samba to other platforms as well.

This would mean that afs_acl_* would read the afs_acl_'s and then map them
into the
corresponding NT acls.

--Anders

David Lee <T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk>