Excel cannot open files the first time

Georg-HISEE Loibl georg.loibl at hitachi-landshut.de
Wed Oct 18 07:40:21 GMT 2000

Hello,

we upgraded to Samba 2.0.6 on HPUX 11.0. Now we have connection problems:

If a NT User opens a Excel File on the server the first time, he gets the error
message "No access to that file.. or server not responding", when he aborts
opening the file, some lines of the document will be shown in EXCEL. But if he
opens it again, it works. That happens not every time but very often. It's not
depending from file or user.

In the the SAMBA Log there are errors as "inode empty" included:
 get_share_modes: file with dev 40020001 inode 26183 empty.

The inode in the file system is existing.

Best Regards

Georg