question about documentation

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Tue Oct 10 23:17:15 GMT 2000

At 10:19 AM 10/10/2000 -0500, gcarter at valinux.com wrote:

(The subject being YODL)
>Matthew Geddes wrote:
>>
>> It really isn't that hard. If you've ever used

>I agree is not is hard to figure out.  It's just not
>used anywhere else that I'm aware.  I've run across one
>Does anyone else feel that this is a valid point?

OK, I  grabbed a copy of YODL yesterday, yes, its very easy to learn.
Trivial in fact. But its also pretty limited too. In my case I'm writing a
HowTo and maybe a FAQ, its most inappropriate to make it a man page so the
only thing my yodl document is ever likely to be translated to is html.
There can be no doubt that I could make a much nicer looking document
writing directly in html but its certainly easier in yodl and yodl does
force a uniform style.

I note that YODL does not appear to have been changed since 1997, I had to
fiddle with the code to get it to compile so we should wonder if its a
continuing project.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au