2.2.0-alpha0 - nsswitch problems.

Andrej Borsenkow Andrej.Borsenkow at mow.siemens.ru
Tue Oct 10 16:04:52 GMT 2000

Is nsswitch files needed to compile smbd (at least, they are listed in smbd
objects)? nsswitch/README says "This extension provides a "wins" module for
NSS on glibc2/Linux." which is fine, but I am *not* on glibc2/Linux and my
system does not support nsswitch (well, it does in undocumented way).

The problem is, I'm getting errors compiling nsswitch files, and I am not sure
if fixing them won't be just a waste of time.

If smbd can be compiled without nsswitch support, I could provide configure
option (or, better yet, autodetection) to disable it.

cheers

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>