question about documentation

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Sat Oct 7 04:19:18 GMT 2000

rszczesniak at mis.com.pl wrote:

> I got one question. Should I write polish translation
> of samba docs in YODL format only ? It may be
> imporant, because I've already translated
> some man pages (looks good :) ) in native
> man format (groff).

Tridge, Jeremy,

Can I bring up the issue of writing docs in
YODL format again?  Will I be punished openly
for doing so?  :-)

Here's is my justification.  Requiring volunteers to learn
a non standard markup language makes it harder for them.
Can we settle on a more standard format that will still
allow for generating text, HTML, and man pages?

[ducking as he runs....]

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org