question about documentation

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Sun Oct 8 23:04:55 GMT 2000

Gerald Carter wrote:

> Tridge, Jeremy,

Sorry, it's only me ;-)

> Can I bring up the issue of writing docs in
> YODL format again?  Will I be punished openly
> for doing so?  :-)
>
> Here's is my justification.  Requiring volunteers to learn
> a non standard markup language makes it harder for them.
> Can we settle on a more standard format that will still
> allow for generating text, HTML, and man pages?

It really isn't that hard. If you've ever used something like groff, you
could learn it in you sleep. Which more standard format were you
thinking of?

Matt

--

Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

...And by the way, Lars Kneschke's Samba TNG FAQ is at
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/index.php3