Samba 2.2.0alpha1 snapshot released

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Nov 26 22:16:58 GMT 2000

At 09:24 PM 24/11/2000 +1300, Jason Haar wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 04:07:59PM +1100, David Bannon wrote:
>> jason, if you have any sort of debug level set (you said '9' I think), then
>> you should see those entries in the logs. If you cannot then we have ask
>> why not ?

Jason, I keep saying this, if you don't see entries in the log that
indicates that the parameters in question are being processed, then that is
your problem !

I've put one of my (production) machines into debug 5 to show you what is
happening :
[2000/11/27 08:56:52, 3] param/loadparm.c:lp_add_ipc(1516)
  adding IPC service
[2000/11/27 08:56:52, 3] param/loadparm.c:lp_add_printer(1551)
  adding printer service lj5_raw
  doing parameter security = domain
  doing parameter status = yes
  doing parameter workgroup = {suppressed}
  doing parameter printcap name = /etc/printcap
  doing parameter password server = {suppressed}
  doing parameter wins server = {suppressed}
  doing parameter encrypt passwords = yes

If you see any parameters being processed ('doing parameter..') then you
should see the 'security = domain' etc lines. Is there some error indicated
there ?

If you see any parameters being processed but don't see 'security = domain'
amoung them, then that is your problem, the parameter is not in the config
file that samba is reading !

These 'doing parameter' lines appear whenever a connection is made or when
the samba server starts up. So all you have to do (assuming the system is
only be used for testing) is to stop samba, add debug = 5 to just under
[global], remove the log files and start samba. Better make sure there is
no other debug statement in the rest of the conf file.

Please do this and send me the resulting log before it gets too big. Be
kind to other list users, don't post it to the entire list, send it to me
and as plain text please.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au