NTLMSSP in Extended security negotiation...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Tue Nov 21 17:50:31 GMT 2000

let me see if i can remember what was implemented:

i think it was only client-side, i did the work very quickly because i
needed to determine some issues for hacking into nt5beta.microsoft.com,
whenever that was up.  whenever it _was_ up :)

- SMbnegprot detection of CAP_EXTENDED_SECURITY, .

- 2-stage SMBsesssetupX which is why there is a cli_sesssetup_x _and_ a
cli_sesssetup()

- use of create_ntlmssp_resp() which is _exactly_ the same code that is
used in the dce/rpc NTLMSSP authentication.

the hacked-up bits are the offsets into the blobs of the
CAP_EXTENDED_SECURITY data.  i did _not_ do any ANS-1 decoding, and the
encoding (a 16-bit length encoding, to make it easier to do the response).

this hack is quit likely to be the cause of some of the problems with TNG
client-side connections to NT, so a proper ASN-1 encoding / decoding
really _is_ needed.