OS/2 error on opening remote samba print object

Jim McDonough/Boulder/IBM jmcd at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 15 20:50:47 GMT 2000

If you try to open an OS/2 network print object which resides on a Samba
server, you will receive two SYS0234 errors (more data errors).  The
problem is that OS/2 does a DosPrintQGetInfo, but provides no buffer in
which to return data.  Consequently, we return a 234 error
(ERROR_MORE_DATA).  However, if NT is the server, OS/2 still sends the same
request with no buffer, but NT (and 2000) return a 2123 error
(NERR_BufTooSmall).  (These are the error codes as listed in the MSDN
library.)  Seems to me that we may want to do this, too.  The following
patch should take care of it:

(See attached file: os2err.patch)

Jim McDonough
Infoprint Manager Development