SMB Client with Perl module

Jelmer Feenstra spark at dds.nl
Wed Nov 15 20:05:48 GMT 2000

> > I think we need a shared samba library (clientside only).
>
> Yes it would be more portable than a parser of output of smb client !
> You think it's possible easly to build this shared library ?

Well, samba-tng has a shared library in it's sourcetree. However, it is not
up-to-date as it has problems with win2k systems. That's actually the big
problem with an shared library, it has to be kept up-to-date, which (at the
moment) is only done in the samba sources, however this doesn't happen in a
shared library. Too bad :(

Jelmer