nmblookup won't query node status

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Wed Nov 8 17:37:53 GMT 2000

It works for me on my network as long as the target machine is running
NetBIOS services of some sort.  Obviously, node arcturus is running
NetBIOS or you wouldn't get the query reply.

Is there any chance that arcturus is a Windows/95 box?  Some versions of
W/95 have a bug that cause them to reply to the wrong port in response to
Adapter Status queries.

Chris -)-----