nmblookup won't query node status

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Wed Nov 8 19:37:44 GMT 2000

Kewl.  I would love to see some sniffs.  Any chance you can run tcpdump
from the Linux box when you send the query?  Try:

tcpdump -w /tmp/statusquery.cap -s 512 udp port 137

Run the query and send the file (uuencoded is best) along to me.

I think, though, that you will find that the problem is local to your
systems.  I have seen no other report of it and my own stuff seems to
work.  Can't imagine what's wrong but I'll look at the query packet to
see if I can spot anything.

Chris -)-----