Samba in an HA environment

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com
Tue May 30 15:04:33 GMT 2000

Thanks for the warning. Fortunately we do not use Samba servers as
domain master browsers. Additionally, we do not list 127.0.0.1 in 'bind
interfaces'. This means that SWAT doesn't work, of course, but it's so
easy to administer environment files and files that define shares, with
a single standard global config for all of our Samba servers, that not
having SWAT is no big deal.

As I have suggested before, SWAT should be modified to work with the
model we use where all relevant config info for each server is stored in
a simple environment file and a shares definition file. It's much easier
to programmatically deal with such a config system than it is to deal
with the general smb.conf format.

:)

Nico

--