samba and inetd problems

Ron Alexander rcalex at home.com
Thu May 18 21:12:59 GMT 2000

If I put the entries in the inetd.conf file, I get some strange behavior.

I see 3 listeners to port 139. 2 of them are wildcards and one is the
specific interface I have in the smb.conf, but localhost is missing.

here is my netstat output (it might look a little different since it's VOS
not Unix)

tcp        0      0  *:139               *:*                LISTEN
tcp        0      0  134.111.220.160:139 *:*                LISTEN
tcp        0      0  *:139               *:*                LISTEN

I recall seeing a comment somewhere about some problems with some inetd's.
If someone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Ron