2.0.7 utmp: YAP (Yet Another Patch)

David Lee T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk
Wed May 17 09:33:29 GMT 2000

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> David Lee wrote:
> >
> > So unless I hear of serious problems with it, I suggest that Jeremy rolls
> > it into the CVS tree at the end of this week (Fri 12 May).  Any further
> > work would be against that, and I'll drop out of the loop.
>
> Ok - I'll wait for an email that says "go", then I'll
> add it in for HEAD and 2.0.8.

"go"

[ waffle on ...

   Around 9/10 May another problem was found and fixed:
      putline() returns a pointer on some systems, is void on others; and
      one of the recent Samba/utmp changes had begun to use the return
      value, leading to compilation failure on "void" systems.

   Then from Saturday to Tuesday our university's internet link went on
   the blink and the company that provides it were not as efficient as
   they might have been (understatement there) in fixing it.

... waffle off ]

This version of the patch is at:
   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~samba/utmp-207.5.patch     (121070 bytes)
   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~samba/utmp-207.5.patch.gz   (17061 bytes)

It affects files:
   configure.in
   acconfig.h
   configure              <-- derived from configure.in
   include/config.h.in    <-- derived from acconfig.h & configure.in
   smbd/connection.c

You'll probably only want the three non-derived files for CVS.

[ waffle on ...

   Indeed the derivation of my own version of "configure" included at
   least one spurious and irrelevant change (detection of 'awk' version)
   presumably due to our local "autoconf" installation.  But it was easier
   to leave this in for these tests than to try to remove it.

... waffle off ]

Please feel free to check it, both visually and with whatever other
testing regimes you may have to hand.

Unless you find anything significant, I'll now sign off this Samba/utmp
project.

> Thanks a *lot*,

OK.  Glad I was able to help.  Thanks are mainly owing to all the people
who discussed it, tested it and provided ideas, code and fixes.  The good
bits are to their credit, any remaining bugs are probably mine.

:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dcl0tdl            South Road            :