2.0.7 utmp: YAP (Yet Another Patch)

David Lee T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk
Wed May 10 18:02:52 GMT 2000

On Tue, 9 May 2000, David Lee wrote:

> [...]
> There was, indeed, a minor bug (which would only have affected systems
> with both a small "ut_line" field and a large numbers of connections).
> It is now fixed in version ".4" of the patch:
>
>    http://www.dur.ac.uk/~samba/utmp-207.patch      (c. 119 kbytes)
>    http://www.dur.ac.uk/~samba/utmp-207.patch.gz   (c.  17 kbytes)
>
> as of about 9:45 BST (8:45 GMT/UTC) Tuesday 9 May.

And (of course) another bug has surfaced: "pututline()" seems to return a
pointer on some systems, "void" on others.  A recent change had begun to
use the pointer and...  Grrrr....

So as of about 18:30 BST (17:30 GMT/UTC) Wed 10 May, the patch is updated
to its version ".5":
   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~samba/utmp-207.patch      (c. 121 kbytes)
   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~samba/utmp-207.patch.gz   (c.  17 kbytes)

Reminder: I hope that this patch can be rolled into CVS at the end of the
week.  From that time any future mods will have to be done that way, not
through me.

:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dcl0tdl            South Road            :