How do I create a publicly accessible directory- without needing a password ?

Cappellini, Tony Tony_Cappellini at MAXTOR.COM
Fri May 5 22:12:14 GMT 2000

I'm running RH 6.2, and Samba 2.06.
I have directories created for specific users that are accessible from
Windows 98 machines.

I want to create a directory that is accessible to EVERYONE, without having
to type in a password.
I'm not sure if this is possible or not with Samba.

In order to access my "everyone" directory from a W98, I have to enter a
pssword just to get
access to the Linux box that has the shared directories.

I don't want to have to do this. It's just a common directory that everyone
can have access to.
I would expect a directory that does not have any passwords to show up under
network neighborhood- without having to enter a passwrod.
Am I wrong ??

[everyone]
guest ok = yes
public = yes